Welcome to the newest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championship Organization, Gaman BJJ. Well organized tournaments where the competitor is the priority.
Gaman Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championships proudly announce our next event. Our mission is to bring well-organized events with a set schedule, brackets, and times that can be checked online and in real time, providing the best experience for competitors and spectators. We have an excellent Referee Staff with only Black Belts trained by the IBJJF.
COACHES AND SCHOOL OWNERS
Coaches and Competitors should make sure that your entire team selects the right TEAM NAME. Team points are calculated based on each individual name. If your team/school has many variants, your points will not be calculated correctly by Smoothcomp. We DO NOT do any manual counting.
DATES AND DEADLINES
Please, we urge all parents, coaches, and competitors to PAY ATTENTION to the deadlines. We DO NOT process any changes or cancelations past the ATHLETE CORRECTION DEADLINE.
Our goal is to run a well-organized tournament where the competitors are the priority following the schedule and match times. To do so, we ask everyone to make all changes/cancellations by the 'Correction Deadline'.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Sunday, 11/27/2022
REGISTRATION CHECK DAY: Monday, 11/28/2022
ATHLETE CORRECTION DEADLINE: Tuesday, 11/29/2022 @5pm
SCHEDULE & BRACKET RELEASE: Wednesday, 11/30/2022
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION (UNTIL 09/19: $50 One Division / $70 Two Divisions
NORMAL REGISTRATION (09/20 - 11/06): $70 One Division / $90 Two Divisions
LATE REGISTRATION (11/07- 11/27): $85 One Division / $110 Two Divisions
NOGI / SUBMISSION GRAPPLING LEVELS - ADULTS:
BEGINNER: White Belt
INTERMEDIATE: Blue and Purple Belt
ADVANCED: Brown and Black Belt
NOGI / SUBMISSION GRAPPLING LEVELS - KIDS:
BEGINNER: White Belt
INTERMEDIATE: Gray & Yellow Belts
ADVANCED: Orange & Green Belts
We usually post the complete and set schedule 48 hours prior to the event. The usual times are:
- 8:00 AM: Doors Open / Weigh-In station ready for kids & youth competitors
- 9:00 AM: First Matches (Kids & Juniors) / Weigh-In station ready for adults
SCORING SYSTEM & RULES: We DO NOT hold rules meetings prior to any event. We follow strictly the same rules and scoring system created by the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (https://ibjjf.com/rules/).
Our Referees are Black Belts with current certifications issued by the IBJJF.)
- 8:00 AM: Doors Open / Weigh-In stations ready for kids & youth competitors
- 9:00 AM: First Matches (Kids & Juniors) / Weigh-In stations ready for adults
CLICK HERE FOR THE GI AGE/WEIGHT LIST DIVISIONS
CLICK HERE FOR THE NOGI (SUBMISSION GRAPPLING) AGE/WEIGHT LIST DIVISIONS
For Gi competitions, athletes must weigh in wearing their Gis (Jacket, Pants, and Belts). No extra pounds allowed. The competitor will be DQ'ed if over the weight limit.
UNIFORMS: No mismatch colors (Gi Divisions). We will follow the IBJJF standards for measurements. ( https://ibjjf.com/rules/ ). Expect to have your uniform checked.
In Gi tournaments, male athletes MUST NOT wear rash guards, braces with hard parts, or groin protection. Female competitors MUST wear a Sports Bra or Rash Guard. No T-Shirts underneath the Gi will be allowed.
In No-Gi tournaments, all athletes must wear Rash Guards and any grappling shorts (not by level).
SPECTATORS: All spectators (12 years old and above) can pay at the door. The ticket cost is $15 only. You can pay at the door or follow the link and print/screenshot the receipt.
CLICK HERE TO PAY ONLINE FOR SPECTATORS
MEDALS: Athletes who place in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in their division will receive a medal at the event. All the medals should be picked up at the event's podium.
We follow the IBJJF format for Bronze Medals. The two losers in the Semi-Finals place as 3rd and 4th (both Bronze Medals)
BLACK BELTS: Black Belts don't pay to compete in any of our events. Use the code 'BLACKBELT1203' to register for free. Important: We check all registrations for the proper use of discount codes. Any attempt to use this code for non-Black Belts will result in an immediate ban from all of our events. We will reserve the right to make public the name of the non-Black Belt trying to use this code to register as a way to keep our community free of scammers.
ABSOLUTE DIVISIONS: There is no charge to register to Open Weight. Absolute Open Weight Divisions will be set by belt or level (NOGI), gender, and age group (teens, juvenile, adult, and masters). No Extra Fees
COMPETITORS MUST SELECT TO COMPETE IN THE ABSOLUTE DURING ONLINE REGISTRATION. NO EXCEPTIONS AND NO REGISTRATIONS AT THE EVENT.
(You can register for the absolutes during the online registration process and later forfeit during the event)
COMPETITOR LIST: The competitor List is available during the registration process. Click the ‘REGISTRATIONS’ tab on the event page to have access to it.
Be the first one to register in your division. More competitors will join you! Many times competitors wait for the last minute, not giving time for others to see the new bracket. Open your division, and others will follow you!
Please, login by the registration check day and make sure all your information is correct. Email or text us if you need assistance changing divisions.
VISIT http://www.gamanbjj.com/tutorials FOR INSTRUCTIONS AND TUTORIAL ON HOW TO REGISTER OR MANAGE YOUR ACADEMY
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR COACHES AND COMPETITORS
1) Coaches, please make sure ALL your competitors register under the SAME Team Name and Association (when applicable), so your points are calculated correctly
2) We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy against MISBEHAVIOR by coaches, parents, and competitors. We follow strictly the IBJJF standards. Your team and students can be banned from competing at any future GAMAN events.
REFUND POLICY / SWITCHING DIVISIONS / REGISTRATION CHECK DAY GUIDE
SWITCHING DIVISIONS: Competitors/Coaches/Parents have until 5 PM on the ‘Athlete Correction Deadline.’ to change divisions.
To do so, login to your account on Smoothcomp and locate your registration information. The change in division(s) must be made before the ‘Athlete Correction Deadline.’
No further changes are allowed past the ‘Athlete Correction Deadline.’
WE DO NOT, AT ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE, CANCEL, OR REFUND ANY REGISTRATION AFTER THE ‘Athlete Correction Deadline.’, AND IN SPECIAL ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
Competitors who are alone in their division can:
1) Use your Login Credentials and switch to another division. Your options are
- ADULTS GI: Move up on weight division or move down to a younger division (if you are in Masters 1 or 2). You must remain within your current belt level.
- ADULTS NOGI: All the above, plus you can move to a higher level division. I.e., Intermediate changing to Expert
- KIDS GI and NOGI: It is up to the coaches and parents' discretion to make changes regarding weight and level. We reserve our right not to approve a change to a heavier division. Kids must remain within their AGE divisions.
2) Cancel your registration for a full credit towards any future event.
Please check out these instructions to learn how to make any change or cancel your registration for this event: https://support.smoothcomp.com/article/89-how-to-change-weightclass-or-cancel
REFUND POLICY: Gaman BJJ only issues FULL CREDIT COUPON for future events. Credit can be received by logging into your account and canceling your registration to the event before the ‘Athlete Correction Deadline.’
If you have just one match and your opponent does not show up or decide not to compete on the day of the event, we will make sure that you will still receive your medal, and we will issue a full credit for any future competition.
We do not offer full refunds. When you cancel your participation for whatever reason, Smoothcomp issues a specific full credit coupon code that is sent to you via email. Save the email, and apply the same coupon code to any future event.
UNDERSTANDING THE CREDIT COUPON
If you register to compete, and before the 'Athlete Correction Deadline' you decide to withdraw from the competition, you must log in to your Smoothcomp account and cancel your registration. The system will generate a personalized coupon that you will be able to apply towards any Gaman future event.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR HOW-TO VIDEO
If on the event's day you end up not having anyone in your division, you can request a ÇREDIT COUPON emailing us at [email protected]. The CREDIT COUPON for a future event will be displayed when you log in to your Smoothcomp account. Watch here where to find your coupon: https://youtu.be/KZY7CERVUrQ?t=84
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR COACHES, COMPETITOR, & PARENTS *NEW*
The deadline to register is always on the Sunday of the week of the event. For, i.e., If the tournament is on Saturday, May 8th, the registrations will end on Sunday, May 2nd (just an example).
Coaches, Parents, or Competitors will have Monday and Tuesday up to 5 pm to make any changes or cancel the registration (receiving a 'coupon credit for future events'- see Refund Policy).
Our staff prepares all brackets and processes any requests submitted by coaches, parents, or competitors on Wednesday.
If you have any questions on how to cancel or modify your registration, please visit http://gamanbjj.com/tutorials/. If you still need any help, please email [email protected].
On Thursday, our staff publishes the entire schedule, spectators policy (it may vary due to COVID regulations), and brackets.
NO CHANGES ARE ALLOWED PAST THE 'ATHLETE CORRECTION DEADLINE' AND ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
If an athlete doesn't make weight, he/she will be DQ'ed (we offer a one-pound allowance). A Coupon Credit will be issued so the athlete can try again to compete at no cost in any Gaman future event.
• Matches may start 30-45 minutes in advance. Athletes should be in the warm-up area at least 40-60 minutes prior to the time assigned for his or her division on the schedule.
• It is mandatory to have an official government photo ID at all times.
• The official weight measurements of this event are in POUNDS.
• Competitors that don't make weight before the first match are automatically disqualified, we do not refund registrations of competitors that weighed over the limit of his or her category (However we will allow 1lb tolerance). There are no last-minute changes. We can not alter brackets that have been published online already.
• Females are required to wear a rash guard or a sports bra. T-Shirts under the Gi for females are NOT allowed.
• Males competing in Gi can not wear rash-guard or groin protection.
• Athletes who place in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in their division will receive a medal at the event. All the medals should be picked up at the event's podium.
• Any false information provided during registration such as, but not limited to, DOB, Team Association, Belt Ranking, may lead to immediate disqualification. Such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future GAMAN events.
NYA SPORTS & FITNESS
4 Primrose St, Newtown, CT 06470